The Multiple Choice question type enables you to capture one or multiple options from a list of possible answers. This is the most common question type due to its simplicity and ease of use for both the survey creator and the respondent.
To add a multiple choice question:
- Select the Multiple choice response type
- Enter your question title
- Under Options, enter your options and hit enter after each option entered
- Enable ‘Allow multiple answers’ to allow respondents to select more than one option. For single select, leave this option disabled.
- The number of selected answers validation lets you control how many options the respondent can select
How to restrict multiple-choice options
Insyt enables you to restrict multiple-choice options seen by agents/enumerators/mobile app users using access codes
1. Click Form Settings
2. Scroll down to Access codes and Enter a name for your access code
3. Click Generate Code
4. An access code will be generated here
5. Follow the last 2 steps to generate multiple codes for different agents
6. Go back to Questions to set up your multiple choice question
7. After setting up your multiple choice question, click More options
8. Click Restrict options
9. Enable to restrict options
10. Restrict options by assigning access codes generated in the previous steps.
In this example, Agent 1 will only see Takoradi and Keta; Agent 2 will only see Accra and Kumasi.
11. Click Save
12. Click Save
13. Click Form Settings
14. Share the access codes with individual agents to restrict options.
That’s it. You’re done.